Be The Light: Charity Lighthouse Ornament
*We are sold out, and raised $6,250 to support Heather's Syrian Family Sponsorship Project! Thank you so much. You can still support Heather’s GoFundMe below!*
A lighthouse is a beacon of guiding light in foggy skies and stormy seas. An unwavering, steady reminder that you are supported — safe — and that you will find your way back home again. 🌊
My best friend Heather is like that, a glimmer of hope, compassion, and love for a beautiful family of 9, rebuilding their lives in Halifax after fleeing the devastating war in Syria. After 2.5 years of spending time with the family weekly — supporting them in so many ways, she is now championing a project to reunite them with some of their family, here in Nova Scotia.
I have watched her take on this responsibility, and forge ahead — totally unstoppable — through over a year of meetings, countless approaches to partner organizations, and now through a commitment to fundraising over $32,000 (even donating all of the gifts from their wedding to this cause). She was initially denied by both Facebook and gofundme, due to US sanctions against Syria, and still — she continues to show up for this family — because she is their light.
It’s our time to Be the Light for her, and of course — for this wonderful family of new Nova Scotians.
Learn more at: http://www.gofundme.com/f/Syrian-family-sponsorship
- We have donated all 250 ornaments to Heather's cause, which means that 100% of proceeds are directly supporting this family!
- FREE SHIPPING (2-3 days within Atlantic Canada, 3-5 days across the rest of Canada)
- Measures 2" high
- Bright imitation gold plating with hard enamel fill
- Designed, and hand bundled with love care & salty air on the East Coast of Canada. Sourced through our trusted Canadian supplier
- Comes on lobster rope inspired twine for adorning your tree!
P.S. This ornament is extra special because its inclusive - and comes with a flat 1.25" gold jump ring, for those that want to turn their ornament into a key chain instead!
P.P.S. Thank you to Joshua Saunders, Dave Culligan, Sarah Leeson & their team at threesixfive media for their beautiful portrayal of our story.
Love & Hugs,